usa windows mobile 6 professional images RRS feed

• Question

• hi i install usa windows mobile 6 professional images in my pc..

but as told i couldn't see any images in startmenu under windows mobile sdk .. i can find only cellular emulator

why is this happening .. i have installed microsoft device emulator 3.0 and windows mobile device center 6.1 already

any suggestion

please help.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:57 AM

Answers

• Take a look at this below link for all the details on the device emulator,

Step by Step: Using Microsoft Device Emulator

If you just double click on DeviceEmulator.exe, then you ll be shown this dialog box,

device emu dialog box

So basically you can start the emulator from cmd prompt if you provide the path to the image file. The image files come with the installation of the Windows Mobile SDK, and you also get the skin xml files. So in my machine when I run the following command in a cmd prompt,

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0> DeviceEmulator.exe "C:\Softwares\WindowsMobile6_ProfessionalSDK\PocketPC\Deviceemulation\0409\PPC_USA.BIN"

or this command with the skin file specified,

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0> DeviceEmulator.exe "C:\Softwares\WindowsMobile6_ProfessionalSDK\PocketPC\Deviceemulation\0409\PPC_USA.BIN" /skin "C:\Softwares\WindowsMobile6_ProfessionalSDK\PocketPC\Deviceemulation\Pocket_PC\Pocket_PC.xml"

the device emulator will start to boot. If you go through the above link, all this is well explained.

Prabhu
    www.geekswithblogs.net/techtwaddle

• Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, March 29, 2010 2:52 AM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:48 AM

All replies

• The emulator images that you install will not be visible under the Start menu. To run an emulator instance, open Device Emulator Manager (dvcemumanager.exe) or run Visual Studio and select 'Tools -> Device Emulator Manager..' This will show a list of all the emulators that you have installed, right click on any and select 'Connect..' to start the emulator.

If you have a project, expand the 'Target Device' list box in Visual Studio, you will be able to see all the installed emulator instances. Select any and you should be able to deploy your project on it.

Prabhu

• Proposed as answer by Michael Koster Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:23 AM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 9:52 AM
  • no i don have visual studio in my pc and and don have .dess file to open from the emulator manager.. then how to open the installed windows moble 6 professional image usa in my pc using device emulator..

any idea

please share

Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:26 AM
  • Take a look at this below link for all the details on the device emulator,

Step by Step: Using Microsoft Device Emulator

If you just double click on DeviceEmulator.exe, then you ll be shown this dialog box,

device emu dialog box

So basically you can start the emulator from cmd prompt if you provide the path to the image file. The image files come with the installation of the Windows Mobile SDK, and you also get the skin xml files. So in my machine when I run the following command in a cmd prompt,

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0> DeviceEmulator.exe "C:\Softwares\WindowsMobile6_ProfessionalSDK\PocketPC\Deviceemulation\0409\PPC_USA.BIN"

or this command with the skin file specified,

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0> DeviceEmulator.exe "C:\Softwares\WindowsMobile6_ProfessionalSDK\PocketPC\Deviceemulation\0409\PPC_USA.BIN" /skin "C:\Softwares\WindowsMobile6_ProfessionalSDK\PocketPC\Deviceemulation\Pocket_PC\Pocket_PC.xml"

the device emulator will start to boot. If you go through the above link, all this is well explained.

Prabhu

• Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, March 29, 2010 2:52 AM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:48 AM