none
problem when using IIS WEB server RRS feed

• Question

•  

I Guys,

Here my problem.

I have created a asp.net web site. When I test it from visual studio by pressing F5 all works fine if in the properties page in the TAB panel the  USE VISUAL STUDIO DEVELOPMENT SERVER is selected.

If I select: Use IIS WEB server the following error appear:

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The virtual path '/MasterPage.master' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Source Error:…

The real problem for me is that when I try to publish this simple web site in a folder on my computer to test it with other applications the following error appear

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'file:///D:/www

How can I solve this problem?

Cheers

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 8:38 PM

Answers

• First off, verify that the properties of your virtual directly are using the correct asp version. If you wrote the asp pages in VS 2005 then you want asp 2.x, if you used VS 2003 then you want asp 1.x.

The error that you are getting about /MasterPage.master maps to another application. Ensure that you are not trying to open the master page but a page that uses the master page.

If you attempt to simple open an asp file in a browser you will get the XML page cannot be displayed error. If you are trying to open the page from the same computer that IIS is on the you will have to open the page using IIS. To do this navigate through IIS and find the file you want to view. Right click on it and click on browse. It will open the file in a browser for you.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 5:09 AM

All replies

• First off, verify that the properties of your virtual directly are using the correct asp version. If you wrote the asp pages in VS 2005 then you want asp 2.x, if you used VS 2003 then you want asp 1.x.

The error that you are getting about /MasterPage.master maps to another application. Ensure that you are not trying to open the master page but a page that uses the master page.

If you attempt to simple open an asp file in a browser you will get the XML page cannot be displayed error. If you are trying to open the page from the same computer that IIS is on the you will have to open the page using IIS. To do this navigate through IIS and find the file you want to view. Right click on it and click on browse. It will open the file in a browser for you.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 5:09 AM
  • thanks mate

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 10:16 PM
  •  

Hi,

I too have the same problem. I dont have any issues regarding XML and all.

I am working on a tool in ASP.NET 2.0 which gets the list of application pools, binds it to the drop down list and finally recycles it depending on the application pool selected by the user. And also resets IIS. When i run the application using the deveploment server it works fine and does all the job but when i host it on the IIS server and try to run it, the page gets load with all the controls in it like drop down, buttons etc..but the list of application pools is not getting populated to the drop down. First i thought it was a permission issue so worked around giving permissions to the user accessing it and also blocked windows firwall but still the problem exists. Can anyone help me on this as soon as possile??

I have tried through IIS by browsing it but still not working.

Thanks in advance,
    Puneeth

Friday, October 3, 2008 1:10 PM