website not working RRS feed

All replies

• Actually, neither of them works for me in FF, but I was able to download and open it. Why do you have
    <SCRIPT language="JavaScript">

before the head tag? Try removing that.

Jim

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.” - Dr. Seuss
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:29 AM
  • If you really made no changes, and adding the full home page works, then contact your host.  They are the ones who configure the server's default page names, the names that will be opened when your path is a directory rather than a full path.

Of course, also get rid of the nonsensical javascript tag.  I doubt it's the source of the problem (or the full address wouldn't work), but it shouldn't be there.  IE also reports a syntax error, which I assume is the incorrect meta tag ending:

<meta name="description" content="Looking for a special place to stay in Eureka Springs? Cherokee Mountain is the perfect choice.">\

FireFox rather amusingly tells me the file is an html file, and asks if I would like to open it in my default browser, IE.  It won't open it itself.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:52 AM