Problems with Web.Config RRS feed

• Question

• User-1035692366 posted

Hi all

I have a ready website which i uploaded to my client's server(parallels)

and adjusted the following codes in web.config to make it to work

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"  defaultRedirect="Index.aspx"/>

Now it doesn't even show the errors that the pages show...It will auto redirect into Index.aspx..Is it possible to view the errors without removing the codes above?

Monday, August 26, 2013 11:00 PM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

Have you tried turning your customErrors off?

<customErrors mode="Off" />

When the defaultRedirect property is not specified, it should display the error to the users (both local and remote). Although, I would recommend reading over the documentation on the customErrors section to determine exactly what properties you need.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:20 AM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

Have you tried turning your customErrors off?

<customErrors mode="Off" />

When the defaultRedirect property is not specified, it should display the error to the users (both local and remote). Although, I would recommend reading over the documentation on the customErrors section to determine exactly what properties you need.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:20 AM
  • User71929859 posted

Hello,

.Is it possible to view the errors without removing the codes above?

You can see the actual error ONLY when you browse the website from server itself. All the other machines will display the custom error page (In this case it's the Index.aspx page). If you need, you can log the errors using a logging provider. Check my blogpost below on that

http://ruchirac.blogspot.com/2012/10/configure-log4net-with-aspnet-logging.html

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:44 AM