none
Facing issue at the time of driver deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to this windows driver, so i am using windows samples drivers to understand the windows driver architecture and procedure to uild, deploy and excute on Target device.

My host and Target both are windows10 PC's. Installed Visual studio community2015 and WDK Tools for doing this process.

Using a sample driver HelloWorldDriver to build and deploy onto target windows10. But i am facing below issue at the time of deploy to target device

"UserText="WDTF_TEST                 :  System has no device the driver package can  be installed onto." CA="11485205" LA="11485615" >"

Can you please help anybody, how to execute this sample driver.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva Krishna.

Friday, December 9, 2016 6:35 AM

All replies

• You can use devcon tool to install your driver in testsigning mode.
    Change PC to testsigning mode ,and then install by using devcon tool.
    : devcon install XXXX.inf _HID

PC: Run cmd as admin, input:
    bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on
    bcdedit /set testsigning on
    and reboot.

If you turn back to normal mode:
    Run cmd as admin:
    bcdedit /set nointegritychecks off
    bcdedit /set testsigning off
    and reboot

Visual C++ enthusiast, like network programming and driver development. At present is being engaged in the WinCE/Windows Mobile platform embedded development.

Friday, December 9, 2016 7:37 AM
  • Hi,

Where can i install this devcon.exe tool, in Host or in target?

Thanks & Regards,

Siva Krishna.

Friday, December 9, 2016 5:01 PM
  • execute it on the target. it is a tool shipped in the wdk that you can copy over

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, December 9, 2016 5:33 PM
  • Hi,

Where can i install this devcon.exe tool, in Host or in target?

Thanks & Regards,

Siva Krishna.

You can find devcon.exe in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\x64", Copy devcon.exe/driver files to target.
    Run cmd.exe as admin, and input:
    devcon xxxx.inf _HID

Visual C++ enthusiast, like network programming and driver development. At present is being engaged in the WinCE/Windows Mobile platform embedded development.

Saturday, December 10, 2016 2:46 PM