none
Valid Format Values for ServerReport.Render RRS feed

Answers

• The valid values rendering formats depend on the particular server being used. Different versions of Reporting Services come with different renders, and custom renders can be added.

You can use the ServerReport.ListRenderingExtensions method and RenderingExtention.Name property to get the valid input for the Render method.
    Nick Allen, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Mike DePouw Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:13 PM
    Monday, September 29, 2008 7:46 PM

All replies

• The valid values rendering formats depend on the particular server being used. Different versions of Reporting Services come with different renders, and custom renders can be added.

You can use the ServerReport.ListRenderingExtensions method and RenderingExtention.Name property to get the valid input for the Render method.
    Nick Allen, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Mike DePouw Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:13 PM
    Monday, September 29, 2008 7:46 PM
  •  Thanks for the info Nick.

This info has lead me to another question/problem though: inconsistent Export options.

When I'm in BIDS and I preview a report I can exporting in the following formats:
    -XML
    -CSV
    -TIFF
    -PDF
    -Web Archive
    -Excel

Using the ReportViewerControl though I only have PDF and Excel.  Same situation if I go into the web interface (https://ourserver/Reports$InstanceName/Pages/Folder.aspx)

When I perform ListRenderingExtenstions() I get the following:

PDF
    EXCEL
    RGDI
    HTML4.0

I've reviewed the RsReportServer.config file and it appears that the missing rendering formats are listed in the file:

<
    Render>
    <
    Extension Name="XML" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.XmlDataRenderer.XmlDataReport,Microsoft.ReportingServices.XmlRendering"/>
    <
    Extension Name="NULL" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.NullRenderer.NullReport,Microsoft.ReportingServices.NullRendering" isible="false"/>
    <
    Extension Name="CSV" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.CsvRenderer.CsvReport,Microsoft.ReportingServices.CsvRendering"/>
    <
    Extension Name="IMAGE" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ImageRenderer.ImageReport,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ImageRendering"/>
    <
    Extension Name="PDF" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ImageRenderer.PdfReport,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ImageRendering"/>
    <
    Extension Name="RGDI" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ImageRenderer.RemoteGdiReport,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ImageRendering" Visible="false" LogAllExecutionRequests="false"/>
    <
    Extension Name="HTML4.0" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HtmlRenderer.Html40RenderingExtension,Microsoft.ReportingServices.HtmlRendering" Visible="false" LogAllExecutionRequests="false"/>
    <
    Extension Name="HTML3.2" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HtmlRenderer.Html32RenderingExtension,Microsoft.ReportingServices.HtmlRendering" Visible="false"/>
    <
    Extension Name="MHTML" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HtmlRenderer.MHtmlRenderingExtension,Microsoft.ReportingServices.HtmlRendering"/>
    <
    Extension Name="EXCEL" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ExcelRenderer.ExcelRenderer,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ExcelRendering"/>
    </
    Render>

Why am I seeing differenct output formats across different domains?

Regards, Mike DePouw
    • Edited by Mike DePouw Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:28 PM proof reading
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 2:47 PM

• Just banged my head on this very same issue. Trying to code up a component that downloads reports for automated faxing via ReportViewer and ServerReport. Trying to get TIFF renders out of Reporting Server 2008.

I am left with having to assume that "PDF' and "Excel" are the only usable options?
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:10 PM
  • TIFF is still an image. To get TIFF, GIF or EMF you have to pass IMAGE as format and specific image format as <OutputFormat> in <DeviceInfo> (like this:

ServerReport.Render("IMAGE", "<DeviceInfo><OutputFormat>TIFF</OutputFormat></DeviceInfo>", ...

Friday, October 23, 2009 5:28 AM