BYOT from a Transaction with isolation level = SnapShot RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello,
    I'd like to know if anyone has crossed with this issue, In my application i'm using with isolation level  =  SnapShot, and then i using this transaction to create a external component include in such transaction, using
                   System.EnterpriseServices.ITransaction estx;
                   estx = (System.EnterpriseServices.ITransaction)TransactionInterop.GetDtcTransaction(Transaction.Current);

when I've reach to this point a " Transaction with isolation level = snapshot cannot promote".
    If I change the isolation level to serializable, then the process runs, but i'd like to keep the transaction isolation level.

Any advice or commentwill be very appreciated.

Cheers 
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:40 PM

Answers

• Xiao,

I'm marking the thread as answered, please reactivate if you still have trouble after talking to the SQL experts.

Thanks,
    Eric

Friday, January 23, 2009 10:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Xiao,
        System.Transaction as such doesn't use/depend on Isolation level. It passes the Isolation level to the Resource Manager(SQL). I am assuming you are using SQL, when do you get the exception? Has SQL been initalized with a different Isolation level and trying to change the isolation level?

You can also ask SQL experts in SQL forum about this behavior.

Thanks
    Guru

[MSFT]
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 2:43 AM
  • Xiao,

I'm marking the thread as answered, please reactivate if you still have trouble after talking to the SQL experts.

Thanks,
    Eric

Friday, January 23, 2009 10:25 PM