none
[UWP] Can't deploy UWP app to Win10 Mobile [VS2015+Win10 SDK Update1.1] RRS feed

All replies

• Hello pnp0a03_,

It seems it report Phone was not detected. I do not have a 10536 test machine right now. Could you please make sure your USB connection is enabled? Actually I'm not sure whether this is your problem. We need some more test for this.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 18, 2015 8:24 AM
  • Thankyou for your replying,

I believe that the usb connection is established. I can browse the files and folders of the phone via explorer.

Here is a screenshot of deployment error(sorry, it's Japanese version...).

Here is a ok/fail matrix:

• VS2015 + UWP SDK v1.0 + Win10Mobile 10512 - Deploy OK
    • VS2015 + UWP SDK v1.0 + Win10Mobile 10536 - Deploy OK
    • VS2015 + UWP SDK v1.1 + Win10Mobile 10536 - Deploy Fail

Additional info:

• IpOverUsbSvc is running.
    • Win10M developer mode is on.
    • Win10M system: Lumia 520

If you need more info, please let me know.

best regards,

Friday, September 18, 2015 10:42 AM
  • @pnp0a03_,

Thanks for your detailed explanation. Actually based on your research result I'm thinking that the problem is related to the new UWP SDK1.1. So have you ever tried to deploy to 10512 with the SDK1.1?

I'll try update my device(10512) and will show you my result with your setting to see the result.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

It's impossible because we can't revert back to 10512 from 10536.

best regards,

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 5:22 PM
  • @pnp0a03_,

No problem. I've already updated my device to 10536, I will install the UWP SDK1.1. Please wait for my result.

Best regards,

Barry

Thursday, September 24, 2015 11:47 AM
  • @pnp0a03_,

I've installed with the same setting but I can deploy my app to the device. That means you have problem either on your installed SDK or your device.

Do you mind to share the installation logs to me:Please use  http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to https://skydrive.live.com/  and share the link here.

I'll try analyze your logs to see if the installation of UWP SDK v1.1 failed.

Or you can navigate to your %temp% folder and check if you can find the latest UWP SDK installation logs. The log name is dd_Windows_VSTools and something like that.

Best regards,

Barry

Friday, September 25, 2015 6:11 AM
  • Friday, September 25, 2015 1:17 PM
  • Hi,

I've installed Tools 1.1.1 from here, but the deployment was failed yet. 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/73f2d56d-9e8e-4b57-bcfa-0a972dfd75d7/

best regards,

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 12:51 AM
  • Hi,

I've uninstalled whole VS2015 and uwp tools, then reinstalled. But the deployment was failed yet. Error message is same as my previous post on 18 September.

Does anyone know the workaround? or, do you know how to install tools v1.0? It seems that the vs installer automatically download the 1.1.

best regards,

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 3:42 PM
  • Hi,

This post is an end of this thread :) I could deploy my uwp app from VS2015 to Win10 Mobile build 10549.4.  Thank you!

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 4:34 AM
  • @pnp0a03_,

Thanks for sharing the result back to us.

Best regards,

Barry

Thursday, October 22, 2015 2:48 AM