Missing "shared.vcxproj"

Question

• When I attempt to create a universal c++ store app I am prompted with this is error - "A problem was encountered creating subproject 'BlankAppsUniversal.Shared'. Could not find file 'C:\Programs\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\VCWizards\shared.vcxproj'." I looked and sure enough there was not file with that name in that location. I uninstall VS and reinstalled and still I still get this problem all other languages work for universal apps. I am totally lost. Please help if anything if someone could either solve this or evening upload that file. I was thinking about copy the file from my laptop but the hdd crashed.
    • Moved by Shu 2017 Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:56 AM from VC++ forum
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi TylerJaacks,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum. But VC++ forum don't talk about windows store app development issue, I will move this to Tools for windows store apps forum for better support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Shu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:55 AM
  • Thanks hope this gets answered! :)
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:30 PM
  • Hi TylerJaacks,

>>Could not find file 'C:\Programs\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\VCWizards\shared.vcxproj'

Which version of Visual Studio are you using? For example: Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Update4

Check this similar thread: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/114b2f67-dca2-4dba-a54d-152ab4a47eca/httpcodemsdnmicrosoftcomwindowsappswindows8modernstyleappsamples?forum=winappswithnativecode

If the version of your IDE is supporting Universal apps, please try to make a test on a new machine to exclude environment, because some of them are caused by broken IDE.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 06, 2015 9:32 AM