Trailer encoding requirements RRS feed

• Question

• The trailer encoding requirements seem very specific. How can I know what software uses the right encoding? Or, what can I use (e.g. ffmpeg?) to transcode to the correct format?

The files I try uploading are rejected for being an invalid trailer.

These are mp4 files.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You need to follow these trailer requirements:

• The video format must be MOV or MP4.
    • The video duration shouldn't exceed 60 seconds.
    • The file size of the trailer shouldn't exceed 2 GB.
    • The video resolution must be either 1920 x 1080 pixels or 3840 x 2160 pixels.
    • The thumbnail must be a PNG file with a resolution of either 1920 x 1080 pixels or 3840 x 2160 pixels.
      The title can’t exceed 255 characters.

For more details, please refer to Trailers.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:55 AM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:09 AM
  • Thank you Mattew, but my video was definitely MP4, < 60 s, 1920x1080, and included a PNG of 1920x1080.

Which leads me to the technical requirements such as "CABAC" and "2 consecutive B frames", etc.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:52 AM
  • Hello,

Sorry for my late response.

That seems to be the additional requirement for MP4 file:

If you still have confusion about uploading trailer, please create a support ticket through your developer account so that support could review your specific case.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:55 AM
    Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:54 AM
  • Thank you for that reply. I saw that information. However, I have no idea what technology I need to use to make sure that these requirements are met.
    Monday, January 22, 2018 6:18 PM