WinRT information: DTD is prohibited - Simple Blog Reader App Tutorial

Question

• I'm following the tutorial: "Getting started with C++: simple blog reader sample" but whenever I run the app I get the following exception:

First-chance exception at 0x774E4B32 in SimpleBlogReader.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Platform::COMException ^ at memory location 0x02EEDB40. HRESULT:0x83750002 Invalid XML.

WinRT information: DTD is prohibited.

I thought I might have messed something up following the tutorial, so I downloaded the complete source, compiled it and ran it under the debugger and I get exactly the same thing (in fact the exception shown above was raised by the downloaded sample).

I am running on a fresh install of Windows 8 professional with DevStudio 2012 Professional. Nothing else has been installed or modified.

I have read the tutorial notes and the notes accompanying the download but I cannot see any reference to the exception.

I can only assume that I have missed something that I should have configured before running this sample.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to get over this obstacle?

Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:11 PM

Answers

• Please comment out the following line in file FeedData:

...\C++\FeedData.cpp(36):    urls.push_back(L"http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/developers/atom.aspx");

• Edited by ForInfo Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Philip B Richards Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:41 PM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:31 PM

All replies