animations are not smooth RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hav a canvas, in that canvas there are many grids, some dynamicaly created on DB query completed at runtime and some already created, every grid is covered by a border (to get rounded corners, there is no other way to get rounded corner except placing them in side border control). And then I apply different animations on these borders/grids.

Problem is animations does not look smooth, if you see it carefully, it looks little jerky.

Why is that ? can anyone please guide me how to make them smooth and nicely coming up.

Regards

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 4:12 AM

Answers

•  Hi joji777,

Normally, using a basic DuobleAnimation makes the animation quite jerky, to get a smother animation you would probably use a animation with keyframes where you get a lot more control over the motion in the animation.

Sunday, February 8, 2009 11:31 PM

All replies

• It is pretty hard to say for sure without seeing some of your code. I'd highly recommend watching this session on Building Graphics Intensive Applications in Silverlight since Seema covers why these types of animation issues can happen. In the meantime post a small snippet of an example for us to look at and perhaps we can spot the issue.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 10:19 AM
  • I will make code snippet which holds complete information of my all controls and their placement for you to have a look, i might be missing some general practices when you make animation, one should follow, i,s grid animate more smoothly than canvas, i am not sure if this is true. :)

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 12:17 PM
  •  Hi joji777,

Normally, using a basic DuobleAnimation makes the animation quite jerky, to get a smother animation you would probably use a animation with keyframes where you get a lot more control over the motion in the animation.

Sunday, February 8, 2009 11:31 PM
  • Hi Amanda,

I agree that using keyframes results better than basic double animation. Is there anyway to get xaml code in keyframe animation for a double animation using blend or any other tool ??

Monday, February 9, 2009 3:49 AM
  • really animation doesn't work smoothly.
    Monday, April 25, 2011 8:37 AM