how to hide user account and other account in windows 7 welcome screen RRS feed

• Question

• i made a my custom credential and its have one tile using that i have to login to my accounts except this i just want to remove these other account,how can i do this in vc++
    i tried with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\REM_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList and i made my user account name subkey as DWORD and give value as 0 and after that i lock my system ,that user account still coming and i tried with Local Policies i am able to do that but there other user account is still coming how can i do all this work with coding in c++ win32 ? 

• Moved by Rob Pan Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:27 AM for better support (From:Visual C++ General)
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Acccording to your description, it seems that your thread is about GINA. So I will move it to the correct forum for better support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Rob

Rob Pan [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:26 AM
  • I am able to hide all account except other User account is it possible to hide this "other user" account in system,because i want to show my customize tile only at the time of login in windows 7
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:49 PM