none
WHCK test regarding Install / Uninstall / Ready State RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am writing a UMDF driver for a sensor category hardware.

Is there any specific timing requirement in WHCK for the plugNPlay tests, like any timeout in test cases within which the driver has to be installed / uninstalled / or Go into ready state.

Few of the WHCK tests are showing random behavior, during the install and uninstall tests.

Can any one guide me or point me to any documentation available regarding this.

Regards

Mukesh

Muks

Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Mukesh,

What kind of test failures are you seeing? There are some timing requirements built into the OS itself and there are some that are enforced by the verifiers (driver verifier, framework verifier, etc.) that get turned on during HCK testing. It would help to know the kind of failures that you are seeing.

Thanks.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, July 26, 2013 4:16 AM
  • Hi Srepaka,

As told, i am getting random behaviours. And there is no brief documentation available stating what each WHCK tests are doing internally. Like few test cases does install and uninstall of the driver in random way and sometimes it fails.

Now not sure if it fails because of timing requirements in remove hardware or get the device in ready state after installing. If its during removal, then whats the limit as we have to clear all the data files and device states before uninstalling. That may take time.

can you please let us know if any OS / driver verifier / PnP  related timings are there and whats the optimal timing for each such interface (addhardware . removehardware, adddevice and others.)

Regards

mukesh

Muks

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 3:48 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any specific timing requirements for IPnPCallback:OnD0Exit().

Are we suppose to return within any specific time frame while putting down our device in low power mode?

Appreciate your help.

regards

Mukesh

Muks

Monday, August 12, 2013 11:32 AM