USB Port Communication API between windows 8 and windows phone8? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Developers!

I am developing a complex app design for windows 8 and windows phone 8. I managed to run two apps individually with SQLite Database. But now I want to add one more feature to this app: I am using physical connection using USB between Phone and WIN8 PC, with the USB connection I want to Synchronize the SQLite database. Can any one provide exact links to understood USB port programming for windows 8 and windows phone 8. Is there any difficulties in this? Please provide your valuable solution, I will be waiting for your answer...

Thank you in advance.  

Pallam Madhukar Windows Phone Developer

Monday, April 1, 2013 12:33 PM

All replies

• Windows Phone 8 does not have any USB communication protocol which is accessible to SDK applications.

(Windows Phone 7 + Zune used to provide a proxy network connection through the desktop network stack but this is no longer available in Windows Phone 8.)

FYI: If the Windows PC has NFC capabilities you could use that to help setup direct communications channel over WiFi or Bluetooth.  Of course, this would require an application running on the Windows PC as well as the Windows Phone.

-Eric.

Monday, April 1, 2013 2:22 PM
  • Thank you Eric,

Can you clarify one more thing here: can we create a communication between surface and windows 8 PC using USB?

Thank you again for your great support to the developers.

Pallam Madhukar Windows Phone Developer

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:14 AM