none
Problem with msdn'office backstage example RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

There is a new ribbon in Microsoft Office of 32bit, works fine. But that is not working fine with Microsoft Office of 64 bit. Can anyone tell me that where should I make a change in C# coding of that ribbon? Please Help me. I am a beginner in C#. Actually that code is written by someone else.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, December 7, 2012 6:59 AM

Answers

• string returned from GetCustomUI contains xml that describes what should be added to office ribbon. You have to verify why it is not called on 64 bit office. Few possible reasons:

1. add-in setup adds registry entries to wrong places and on 64 bit your add-in is not loaded at all (check it on add-in list in office)

2. your add-in is explicitly compiled for x86 and refuses to load for 64 bit program

3. something in add-in's code prior to calling GetCustomUI by vstor crashes and uncaught exception makes your add-in unusable

Friday, December 7, 2012 10:07 AM

All replies

• just some clarifications:

you have an add-in? if so, for which office app? and what office version? how is office ribbon extended in your add-in? through ribbon designer or xml?

Friday, December 7, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Hi DamianD,

I have COM add-in for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010.

The Office Version is : 14.0.6023.1000 (32-bit)

through WordOfficeRibbon.xml that ribbon is extended.

I have this method in Connect.cs file,

string IRibbonExtensibility.GetCustomUI(string RibbonID) { }

Can Anyone also explain me from where that ribbon is coming in Office of 32 bit, please.

Thanks.

Friday, December 7, 2012 9:24 AM
  • string returned from GetCustomUI contains xml that describes what should be added to office ribbon. You have to verify why it is not called on 64 bit office. Few possible reasons:

1. add-in setup adds registry entries to wrong places and on 64 bit your add-in is not loaded at all (check it on add-in list in office)

2. your add-in is explicitly compiled for x86 and refuses to load for 64 bit program

3. something in add-in's code prior to calling GetCustomUI by vstor crashes and uncaught exception makes your add-in unusable

Friday, December 7, 2012 10:07 AM