The target "SignPublishedXapFile" does not exist in the projet RRS feed

• Question

• I get this error when trying to publish my Lightswitch projects with VS 2013 to an iis server (no matter if I specify a certificate or not in the security settings) : The target "SignPublishedXapFile" does not exist in the projet.

There is a Application1\Application1.DesktopClient\Bin\Release\Application1.DesktopClient.xap file tough

Thanks for help

Benoit Sarton

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 2:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would suggest that you try to make sure that your Microsoft.Common.targets file (especially) and other .targets files have not been recently modified.  It is possible because Visual Studio might have opened one of these targets files when there was an error during build.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by BravoSierra Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:17 PM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would suggest that you try to make sure that your Microsoft.Common.targets file (especially) and other .targets files have not been recently modified.  It is possible because Visual Studio might have opened one of these targets files when there was an error during build.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by BravoSierra Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:17 PM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:03 AM
  • Yes that was the solution Amy, thank you for your help.

I had changed the Lightswitch.Publish.Target to try solve another issue (yes, the file that says WARNING DO NOT MODIFY this file unless you are knowledgeable about MSBuild), which certainly I'm not.

One of the lesson tought is :

When you comment a portion of code in a .cs file, that embeds another comment, and then you uncomment the wrapping code, then the initial inner commented line remains as it was, that is : // a comment.

BUT doing so in an XML file like targets, uncomments both the whole region AND the comment that was inside.

Thanks again

Benoit Sarton

Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:17 PM