MSDASQL provider : Data provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We decided to move towards the ODBC drivers. I installed the ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server. For that we desided to use MSDASQL provider for ODBC Drivers , our existing application uses ADO and SQL SERVER 2008 R2. The problem is that I get <"Data provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status">, error message when I fetch (SELECT) any record , which has a column (nvarchar(MAX)) with a data length that happens to be greater than 132 (WHERE LEN(ContentSummary) > 132). The ContentSummary column is NVARCHAR(MAX). If the length is less than 132 , everything works well. Also everything worked well when we used only the SQL Server Native client 11.0 OLE DB Provider (SQLNCLI11).

Could you please help to overcome this issue?

Thank you, 

Victor Rodniansky

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Victor,

Since the issue is more related to the ODBC driver, I would suggest you post in SQL Server Data Access forum for better response.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 9, 2016 8:58 AM