none
How to add System.Data.DataSet extension to the SSRS Report Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I uploaded a SSRS which uses System.Data.DataSet extension for creating the dataset. When I uploaded and tried to run the report it gave me below error

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
    • An attempt has been made to use a data extension 'System.Data.DataSet' that is either not registered for this report server or is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. (rsDataExtensionNotFound)

Please let me know how to add this data extension to SSRS report server.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 4:28 PM

All replies

• what is the DLL behind this. as far as i know there a couple of different DLL around and you Need to have this on your Report Server - did you load the DLL as Assembly ?

Klaus

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 4:44 PM
  • I am using System.Data.DataSetExtensions DLL assembly  for this. Is there any other specific DLL assembly you want me use ? Please let me know how to add this DLL assembly to Report Server.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 5:50 PM
  • did you add this (your) DLL to the report by using Add Assembly?

is the .Net Version on your Machine and on your Report Server the same ?

Klaus

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:07 PM
  • Yes. I added the DLL myself by using Add Assembly.

and I would like to check if my .Net version on Machine and Report Server are same. How should I check it ? I think I have same version on both Machine and Report Server.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:17 PM
  • well the short way is to check this single dll on both machine

otherwise the .Net Version is located under 

https://github.com/dotnet/docs/blob/master/docs/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed.md

| Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue |
    | Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue |
    | Disclaimer:
     This posting is provided with no warranties and confers no rights. |
    | N 48° 8' 39.8419" E 11° 36' 1.3359" |

Klaus

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:29 PM
  • The latest version of .Net , I have on my machine is v4.0.30319.  
    Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:43 PM
  • Hi 

I created a SSRS report using WinForms and C#. When I uploaded the report to Report Server and tried to run the report it gave me this error  

• An attempt has been made to use a data extension 'System.Data.DataSet' that is either not registered for this report server or is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. (rsDataExtensionNotFound)

Please advice...

Thanks

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 7:32 PM
  • Hi AlwaysLearner12

According to your description you could try to check in the following aspects .

So if possible you need to register the new data extension in the configure file .

If possible you could offer mode detailed information like ssrs log or the winform report project to us for more further research .

Hoping for your reply.

Best Regards.

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Eric Liu001 Thursday, April 25, 2019 2:11 AM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:21 AM
  • and which Version has the Reporting Server self ?

Klaus

Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:08 AM
  • Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

• I am using SQL Server 2016 (DEVELOPER EDITION) and Version is 13.0.4001.0
    • I used WinForms to create the .rdlc report and created dataset using DataTable(Dataset --> DataTable). When I view the report using WinForms it works fine.
    • Then I changed the extension of the report from .rdlc to .rdl and added it to the Report Server. When I try to see this report from Report Server it is giving me the error. 

Thanks

Monday, April 29, 2019 2:01 PM
  • I am using SQL Server 2016 (Developer Edition), Version : 13.0.4001.0
    Monday, April 29, 2019 2:44 PM
  • sorry bad question

i mean what is the .Net Version on the Server is the DLL the same ?

Klaus

Monday, April 29, 2019 3:32 PM
  • The .Net version on the server and the DLL are both same.

Thanks

Monday, April 29, 2019 6:52 PM
  • Hi AlwaysLearner12

According to your description , seems that you got the issue when you change the rdlc bind to the rdl bind , right ?

As far as I know , if you changed the report bind to the report viewer , you could try to rebind the data source  to update the data source information .

See:

And then check if it works fine or not .

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:24 AM