none
Keyboard shortcut for 'Navigate To' in Visual Studio 2015

Question

• Hi

Recently I installed Visual 2015. I am not able to invoke 'Navigate To' popup window using the standard 'Control + ,' keys. MSDN says this shortcut key is available in VS 2015 'https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/da5kh0wa.aspx', but it is not working for me. Is there any configuration to be done to activate this shortcut. Please advice.

(I could not find a suitable forum like .net technology or MS Visual Studio, hence posted this question here)

Regards

Narayan

• Edited by SNarayan Tuesday, September 06, 2016 4:52 AM VS 2016 replaced with VS 2015
    • Moved by Just Karl Tuesday, September 06, 2016 1:50 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, September 06, 2016 4:34 AM

Answers

• Hi  SNarayan,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

1.please go to Tools>Options>Keyboard to check if "Press shortcut keys" is already used by the function "Navigate to", please see:

2. If not, you could go to Tools> Import and export settings to choose "Reset all settings"

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 9:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The 'Academic Initiatives - Technical Queries' forum is for posts Related to technical / coding / programming related issues as related to Microsoft's Academic Initiatives.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Visual Studio General Questions forum on MSDN.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 1:49 PM
  • Hi  SNarayan,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

1.please go to Tools>Options>Keyboard to check if "Press shortcut keys" is already used by the function "Navigate to", please see:

2. If not, you could go to Tools> Import and export settings to choose "Reset all settings"

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 9:28 AM
  • Note: in 2017, it's changed to "GoToAll"

Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:20 PM
  • Hi Yash,

Thank you for your kindly remind, I will take your reply as note, in case that meet similar question in VS 2017.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 27, 2017 4:40 AM