none
How can I Read text from an Image File. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

How can I Read text from an Image File..?Send me Code.

Thank you

murthy 

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:08 AM

Answers

• Then I believe you need to look for some third-party API that provides functionality to scan images and provides OCR functionality. If you still need to do it yourself, then this is not a trivial task and you would need to read about how OCR works and would come up with some algorithm for it. It is not just about extracting text, it is about how to convert what you see on a paper into actual text representation.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:11 AM

All replies

• You should be more specific. If it is an image file, then it is not a text, it is binary file.

• Proposed as answer by Geethamca Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:19 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:21 AM
  • hi Mazur,

In an image File I have some alphanumericdata that is I am scanning a papper I want to Read the content text in that scanned Image File. then how can I achive that...?If u provide me an Algoritham or Code that will be good

thanks

murthy.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:30 AM
  • Do you need to build software that converts scanned image into text you just need to extract some text data from that image? In a second case I believe you need to use software during scanning that convert scanned image into text and then read that text from the file.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:06 AM
  •  

yes....!
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:28 AM
  • Then I believe you need to look for some third-party API that provides functionality to scan images and provides OCR functionality. If you still need to do it yourself, then this is not a trivial task and you would need to read about how OCR works and would come up with some algorithm for it. It is not just about extracting text, it is about how to convert what you see on a paper into actual text representation.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:11 AM
  •  

Hi,

How can I Read text from an Image File..?Send me Code.

Thank you

murthy  

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:14 AM