none
Addin is not showing at loading for Outlook 2010. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed & Implemented an Outlook Addin for Office 2010 using VS 2008 .

But we recently had few users with Office 2010 and Windows 7 getting problem with loading addin, i.e addin is not showing at loading but still active in "Customize addins ".

So I disabled & enabled the addin then only it is showing.

If I restart Outlook 2010 then It is not showing again , i.e need to do disable and enabling again.

Please help me to solve this..

Thank you.

Monday, December 9, 2013 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hello Narsa,

If your add-in fires exceptions at startup or causes the host application to crash, the host application (or the end-user) may block the add-in and move it to the Disabled Items list. To find the list, in Office 2000-2003, go to "Help",
    then "About". At the bottom of the About dialog, there is the Disabled Items button. Check it to see if the add-in is listed there (if so, select it and click Enable). In the Ribbon UI of Office 2007, you find that list on the Add-ins tab of the Office Menu | [your host application] Options dialog. In the Ribbon UI of Office 2010 and 2013, the Add-ins tab can be found in the File | Options dialog. After you get the Disabled Items dialog, you select the add-in and click Enable.

So, did you try to debug add-in? Does it fire any exceptions?

P.S. I have just found the Creating an Add-in for Office 2007 and Office 2010 that "Lights Up" on Office 2010 article for you.  

Monday, December 9, 2013 9:10 AM