All New LEGO NXT services available for Microsoft Robotics Studio 1.5 RRS feed

Answers

• Tobes, thanks for the feedback. 

As you noticed, we were really targeting the VPL developer with this LEGO NXT package.  However, you make a good point about the need for similar documentation for the C# developer and inclusion of the NXT v2 services in our Robotics Tutorials. 

I'll pass you comments on as we are planning our next release.

Dave

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:09 PM

All replies

• Feedback

This is an awesome package that not only increases the flexibility of the LEGO product, but significantly increases the productivity of us Noob enthusiasts that are trying to have a crack at robotics programming.

It also allows you to go for the win when rapidly prototyping LEGO NXT components.

I think the help doco's that come with it are great for the target VPL programmer demographic.

My only criticism is that there appears to be no matching "NXT specific" chm doco to go with the high quality solutions that are added to the samples section (C#.NET projects for NXT).

Its also great to see that the well supported 3rd party vendors are being brought into the fold.

-Tobes

robo-wish ideas for MSRS 2.0

1. add a mouse scroll wheel zoom feature for the VPL environment.

2. add doco's explaining NXT programming in C#, redo existing tutorials i guess (merge w/ existing NXT chm)

3. add a feature to VPL (possibly also a seperate website) to allow programmers to upload and share open source creations (manifests, assemblies, diagrams, etc)

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:59 AM
  • Tobes, thanks for the feedback. 

As you noticed, we were really targeting the VPL developer with this LEGO NXT package.  However, you make a good point about the need for similar documentation for the C# developer and inclusion of the NXT v2 services in our Robotics Tutorials. 

I'll pass you comments on as we are planning our next release.

Dave

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:09 PM
  • It would be good to get code in VB.Net as well - there are some of us out here!

Is there any good documentation / samples for using the NXT v2 services? - all i want to do is be able to rotate a motor by a couple of degrees, and thought V2 might be a good place to start - but there is no good documentation anywhere (apart from VPL, which, as nice as it is, just isn't good enough for the average programmer!)

Thanks

Friday, December 14, 2007 7:56 PM
  • And how about CF versions of the services so they can run on a PDA? (I have not tried to generate them because they are not high on my priority list, but it would be better if Microsoft provided them in the MSRS kit anyway.)

Trevor

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:38 PM
  • Great tools!  Are there any plans (or existing tools) for writing the VPL generated services to an executable for embedding on the Lego NXT?  Some of my more complicated algorithms are really suffering from the bluetooth link.

- iknc4miles
    Monday, March 31, 2008 7:36 PM
  • Great ideas. Now, the NXT has an opcional way of  programming. I think Microsoft should create a forum to upload open-source programmes.
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 6:26 PM
  • That good comments, here I can contribute them with the instructive one to form lso services of the NXT  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/12955.microsoft-robotics-developer-studio-tutorial-en-espanol.aspx
    • Proposed as answer by Antonio Najarro Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:37 AM
    Sunday, August 12, 2012 7:29 PM
  • Waiting to continue reaching I place another link to be able to form the sensor of lay sound, wait could serve them

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/12990.test-sound-sensor-en-mrds-es-es.aspx

@ltheux

• Proposed as answer by Antonio Najarro Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:37 AM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:58 PM