check recorded skeleton data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

i have recorded the skeleton data in to a xls file. in order to check the value is correct,i need to read out the data again and plot it into a stickfigure. anyone know how to do it or have the code for it?

i'm using C++ right now. and the format i record data is like head.x; head.y;head.z and so on for all the joints.so i think the way i should do is:

1,read the data out line by line, each line contends the value for all joints, so i think need a array to do it and i'm thinking to use ifsteam

2,joint x,y,z value to the one joint like what we get from GetSkeletonJointPosition function.

3,us darw stickline function in stickfigure sample to plot the graph.

how ever,i have difficulty in the first 2 steps as i'm a newbie in C++ and kinect porgramming , can someone help me???

Saturday, February 18, 2012 2:56 AM

All replies

• Before saving the data to a file you should consider how you can read it out again. You could use JSON serialization of the Skeleton[] to save it to a textfile. To read it out I'd set up a Timer that reads a new line every 1/30 second or so, deserializes it to a Skeleton[] and feeds the Skeleton[] to the methods to paint the Skeletons (you should be able to copy/paste that from one of the samples - I use C# and can't help you with code..)

(Actually I'd recommend you to use C# from the beginning, since you're a newbie..)

good luck^

Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:39 AM