Reinstall EW4 on new PC - What happened to the Snippets Panel? RRS feed

• Question

• I reinstalled EW4 on my new laptop.. transferred all data files, including the various Sites. However, when I launch EW4 I do not have the ability to display  the Snippets panel; it does not even show in the Panels dropdown (neither does Workspaces).

Any ideas?

Geez, configuring up a new PC is a real hoot... isn't it?

Edit>>> Ooops.. may have been an issue with updates. The version numbers are different.. doing another Windows Update as I type this.
    • Edited by KGlennCole Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:16 AM Terminal stupidity
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:04 AM

Answers

• Did you install SP2?  That's where the snippets panel and workspaces were introduced.

• Edited by KathyW2 Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by KGlennCole Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:43 AM
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:13 AM

All replies

• Did you install SP2?  That's where the snippets panel and workspaces were introduced.

• Edited by KathyW2 Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by KGlennCole Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:43 AM
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:13 AM
  • Poltergeists?

Hmm... sorry, that's about all that comes to mind. The new install should have installed the dotNET framework, WPF, etc. I've not seen or heard of this symptom with version 4. Sorry, wish I could offer more... :-(

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:16 AM
  • See my edit.. it looks as though I needed to do a Windows Update after the reinstall on the new laptop... will know in a bit if that is the case.
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:18 AM
  • That was it! What a maroon I am. Thanks.
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:43 AM
  • That was it! What a maroon I am. Thanks.

Don't feel too bad. I was in the testing, and that was the release that broke my install, so I definitely should have remembered it! tsk, tsk...

Oh, well...  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, May 3, 2012 1:11 AM