Usbser.sys issue in creating new modem in windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am making use of USEBSER.SYS in my inf. There is no problem in driver installation and the device is working fine with the driver detected, both in
    win7 and winxp.

In winxp,a new virtual com port will be created and the corresponding modem will be created automatically with the virtual port created.
    So my intention is to create a dialup connection to establish PPP between my device and laptop. So i have to use the modem created in the above step. 
    Now,I am able to communicate with my device  using dial up connection.

But in win7, the modem is not getting created after the successful installation of driver followed by virtual port creation. So i have to manually create a modem with the port created , which is happening automatically in winxp. Once i created the modem manually, i am able to create a Dial Up connection to communicate with my device. 

Can't the modem created automatically as it happens in xp?
    Is this the default behavior of win7? 
    Is there any thing to be handled in my inf to support automatic modem creation in win 7 ? 

Note:
    I am pro-grammatically automating the dialup connection creation process using windows programming using c language.
    Saturday, July 7, 2012 6:00 AM

Answers

• why not install the modem driver as the function driver and usbser as a lower filter? this way you don't have to have detection.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, July 16, 2012 4:15 PM