ListView with Header

Question

• Hi,

Could anyone point me in the right direction with a UI control question?

I want to create a list of items and have a header to my list. Similar to the list of Singles on an Album as seen in the Windows X-Box music app.

I've looked at ListView and the Header element, but the problem here is that theheader scrolls up off the top of the control when I scroll the items in the list.

I could use a ListView for my items and scrolling, and a separate grid for the header, positioned at the top of the list.

Not sure which way to go with this one.

Thanks for your help.

Graham

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:01 PM

All replies

• The UI Design for Windows Store apps forum is to discuss language agnostic UI design: what should the app look like?

For questions about implementing your design please post in the appropriate language forum. If you'll let us know which UI (HTML? Xaml?) and language (VB? JavaScript? C++?) you are using we can move you to a relevant forum.

Either way if you don't want the header to scroll you'll probably want to put it as a separate control next to your list.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:25 PM
    Owner
  • Sorry Rob.

I'm using xaml and c#.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:15 AM
  • I'm not sure what exactly you want this to look like. I don't see any headers in the Music app.

That said, if you want a static header above a ListView then you can add the header as a separate control. The ListView's built in Header will scroll rather than stay fixed.

--Rob

Thursday, June 12, 2014 5:52 PM
    Owner