none
Microsoft Dot NET Framework is Corrupted RRS feed

• Question

• My Microsoft Dot NET Framework is Corrupted

here is the installation log http://sdrv.ms/14TjBW9
    tried the cleanup and repair tools but i still get an error message saying that Microsoft Dot NET Framework is Corrupted and to try repairing it

Monday, September 2, 2013 6:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Raven2099,

I get some information for your log.

Success Blockers:
    1. Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4 redistributable. More information.
    2. Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4 has already been installed on this computer.

Base on this message, I think your OS is win 8. And your computer maybe have install .Net Framework 4.5.

If your OS is win 8, you could get information about the installation of .Net Framework by below steps.

open “Control Panel”->”Programs”->”Turn Windows features on or off”

You could find an option about “.NET Framework 4.5”. If you have open .Net Framework 4.5, you don’t need install .Net Framework 4.0. Because .Net Framework 4.5 include .Net Framework 4.0.

If I misunderstood you, please describe your question in more detail.

Best Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Raven2099,

I get some information for your log.

Success Blockers:
    1. Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4 redistributable. More information.
    2. Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4 has already been installed on this computer.

Base on this message, I think your OS is win 8. And your computer maybe have install .Net Framework 4.5.

If your OS is win 8, you could get information about the installation of .Net Framework by below steps.

open “Control Panel”->”Programs”->”Turn Windows features on or off”

You could find an option about “.NET Framework 4.5”. If you have open .Net Framework 4.5, you don’t need install .Net Framework 4.0. Because .Net Framework 4.5 include .Net Framework 4.0.

If I misunderstood you, please describe your question in more detail.

Best Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 8:23 AM
  • Does the error message say what version of .NET is corrupt? What program is sending the message?

If you have a corrupt .NET Framework that came with your Windows 8 (either 4.0 or 4.5), the procedure for repairing embedded .NET Frameworks is here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx

Before using that procedure, I suggest that you verify both .NET 4.0 and 4.5 with this tool:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

RUn the tool twice. Once with 4.5 selected, and once with 4.0 selected. After each run, post the LAST 15 lines of the tool log here.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 1:58 PM