none
Get a Static Map Image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I'm needing to get a static map image, in short an 'Overview Map'.  The map will have any number of pushpins (likely no more than 250) and I'll have a polyline that I already possess the points for and would like to draw on the map.

I would prefer to use the REST service to do so, but it seems as if it is designed less for custom-drawn maps like this, but instead is designed to build and display routes on the fly, etc. 

It's a general question, but do you think there is a way to do what I'm requiring with the REST static map service?  Or is there any other way to do this that I should angle towards?

Thanks!  -G

• Moved by Ricky_Brundritt Friday, March 9, 2012 5:16 PM (From:Bing Maps: Map Control and Web services Development)
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:37 PM

Answers

• After you get the static image from the REST service, you can use the .NET graphics APIs to add lines and other images to the map image. You'll have to do some coordinate translations though. Check out Ricky's post at http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com/2009/02/14/veimagery-service-pixel-to-latlong-calculations/ for info on how to perform this translation.
    Friday, April 29, 2011 8:08 PM