Windows 8 on Lenovo IdeaPad Z370 - Wireless not working.

Question

• Hello,

I installed  Windows 8 developer preview on Lenovo Ideapad Z370 (brand new machine).  Install went fine and I didn’t have any issues with install.    Wireless worked initially but after sometime it stopped working.  Every time I run trouble shooter, it says the Wireless functionality is turned off.  Windows 7 worked fine on this machine.

I have checked the following

1.       I have verified the wireless is turned on in bios

2.       I have verified that wireless switch is turned on

3.       I  have tried reinstalling the Windows Developer preview and it gives the same result

4.       I tried uninstalling driver and rebooting the machine and let machine recognize the device

5.       I tried installing the latest driver from Lenovo site

6.       Wireless device shows up in device manager but it doesn’t seem to work. It doesn’t seems to recognize any wireless networks.

I understand that this is developer preview but I was hoping that core functionality like network  would work.  Please let me know if there is a way to get wireless working.

thanks

Monday, September 26, 2011 7:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• Arul K,

Have you tried connect to network with ethernet cable and run Windows Update?  There might be an update for your wireless card.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:07 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, I tried that and it didn't work either. 
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:55 PM
  • Aurl K,

Since you said it worked before, did it worked right after you installed Windows Developer Preview or you have to installed drivers first in order to get the wireless to work?

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:25 PM
    Answerer
  • An update may have affected your ability to connect to your network.

Can you go back to a System Restore point to before when it was working?
    There are several ways to get to a System Restore.
    Go to Start Screen. Type in System Restore. Go to Settings.
    Click on Restore your system.

Restore system files and settings.
    Click Next.
    Highlight the date and time you want to restore your settings. This will not affect personal files.
    You can also click on show more restore points. This will give you Automatic System Restore points.
    Click on next. This will confirm your restore point.

Your computer will be restarted and restored to the point in time in which your network was working.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 9:37 PM
  • I have a similar problem like this one, again with Ideapad Z370. I restored the settings (actually refresh the settings) and the wireless and internet was back to normal. I have to reinstall some applications though. No big deal.
    Friday, February 10, 2012 1:17 AM