none
Server side redirect techiniques on applications present on differnt servers,domains and ports using webservice/wcf RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if its part of this forum so posting it here to genral discussions.

I have a website which is on one server and there is another  app on different server ,if I do a response.redirect the URL address changes. we can't do a server.transfer since its on two different servers Is there any way to maintain the URL address and not change it  using server side redirect ? please suggest  different techiniques and links

is it posiible to redirect to differnt url via weservice,if yes please share some links

Krishna

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 11:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Is there any way to maintain the URL address and not change it  using server side redirect ?

For your description, it seems that you want to redirect to the URL, but without changing your URL address. If so maybe you can try to use the iframe.
    For more information, please try to check the following:

In the .aspx:

<div>
        <iframe id="frame1" src="http://www.bing.com/" runat="server" width="1300"></iframe>
    </div>

The result:

>>is it posiible to redirect to differnt url via weservice,if yes please share some links

I do not know if I have misunderstood you, if not, maybe you can try the following:

[WebMethod]
     public string HelloWorld()
     {
     Context.Response.StatusCode = 307;
     Context.Response.AddHeader("Location","<redirect URL>");
     return null;
     } 

Then if you have any other problem, it will be better for you to post it to the asp.net forums.
    #ASP.Net Forums:
    http://forums.asp.net/ .

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 2:51 AM