none
Third party IM presence information in Outlook 2016 not shown RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I've been working in an IM application that integrates with Outlook 2010 and wants to provides presence information about the contacts.

I am already able to make Outlook talk with my application through the "UCOfficeIntegration" interface and then provides some information about my application.

The problem starts in the "_IContactEvents" interface implementation, specifically in the "GetContactInformation" method from interface:

The Outlook calls "GetContactInformation" several times during your update process, one of these requests wants to get presence information about a contact. 

During this process is passed as a parameter "ContactInformationType.ucPresenceAvailability" which means that Outlook wants to know about the contact presence from my IM application.

For now, I'm testing with the fixed value "ContactAvailability.ucAvailabilityFree" from this enum:

case ContactInformationType.ucPresenceAvailability:
    {    
       result = ContactAvailability.ucAvailabilityFree;    
       break;
    } 

return result;

The problem is: The Outlook isn't able to recognize this status and always shows up "presence unknown".

I already tried passing these values as string, but it still not working.

Any ideas?

Same problem here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/efacf2c7-fb8c-43cf-8570-b3ec4157f43d/third-party-im-presence-information-in-outlook-2010?forum=outlookdev

• Edited by Rukai Yu Wednesday, March 6, 2019 7:45 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2019 7:43 AM

All replies