none
Trial License Controls RRS feed

• Question

• Can a user can repeatedly download a trial for the same product, or does the Office Store prevent this?  If the Office Store does not prevent this, can we be assured that the same user would receive the same token on each download so that we can prevent extended use of Trial licenses from with the App?
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:45 PM

Answers

• All apps are linked to users live account. It appears (the thread i linked) that one will not be able to completly remove the app, which in turn means that one cannot have multiple installations of same app same type.

If someone creates a new live account, there is no way you can prevent him from downloading the app again.

If apps can not be removed (that linked thread), then what you are asking is not a problem, since office store will prevent it - instead of installing it, it will only activate it.

Anze Javornik

• Edited by Anze Javornik Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Coding Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:31 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:49 PM

All replies

• A user cannot completly remove the app from his account. So unless he creates a new account, i dont think it is possible that a user makes a fresh install of same app and same type multiple times. (I could be wrong: folllow this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appsforoffice/thread/d269d661-c900-4e22-9e0c-2233212e6e33 )

Anze Javornik

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:28 PM
  • Thanks for the pointer.  The discussion is definitely related to my question, but does not provide a definitive answer.  I have done a reasonably thorough review of the documentation and don't see this discussed there either.  Anyone have a clear and definitive answer to the question?  An educated assumption, no matter how reasonable, could be a costly mistake if incorrect.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:38 PM
  • All apps are linked to users live account. It appears (the thread i linked) that one will not be able to completly remove the app, which in turn means that one cannot have multiple installations of same app same type.

If someone creates a new live account, there is no way you can prevent him from downloading the app again.

If apps can not be removed (that linked thread), then what you are asking is not a problem, since office store will prevent it - instead of installing it, it will only activate it.

Anze Javornik

• Edited by Anze Javornik Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Coding Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:31 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:49 PM
  • Thanks Anze
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:32 PM
  • Hello,

You can only acquire a Trial of an app once.
    It is then linked to your Microsoft Account and will stay there.

Regards,
    Philip

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:33 PM