none
Very Odd Problem, programs crash unless DIR name changed RRS feed

• Question

• I have a number of .net programs that yesterday were running fine but today wont

as an example i have a program in C:\Development\Live\Feedback.exe that ran perfectly well 2pm yesterday
    my initial thought was that the file was corrupted so i recompiled and copied it over the top of the original

still didn't work

so next i copied the entire directory from the release folder and tried to run it
    Success
    so i deleted the old folder and renamed the copy to the same name as the orginal and tried to run it again
    Failure
    renamed the folder
    Sucess
    Restored the name
    Failure

what ever the problem is it seems to relate to the name of the folder that the program is in
    with this one example i shrugged it of as an unimportant mystery however i have since noticed the same problem with a 1click application that i've been using for over a year with out issue

the only error message is the report problem to microsoft box popping up
    with
    EventType : clr20r3     P1 : feedback.exe     P2 : 1.0.0.0    
    P3 : 4b9529e0     P4 : mscorlib     P5 : 2.0.0.0     P6 : 4add54dc     P7 : 37a0
    P8 : 26     P9 : system.security.xmlsyntax 
    Definition of a Beginner
    Someone that is unaware of the rules that need to be obeyed

Definition of an Expert
    Someone that know when and which rules to ignore
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 10:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Thank you for your post.

Based on the log, it seems that your issue could be related to security.

Could you please try the workarounds (Steve T's and John Cheng's replies) mentioned in the following thread to have a check?
    Please see: http://forums.asp.net/t/1379053.aspx?PageIndex=3

BTW, this forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. Since your issue is related to CLR, you could post your thread on Common Language Runtime forum. You will get more useful help there. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:19 AM
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:46 AM

All replies

• Additional Note
    I have now done a repair on the .Net frameworks and the 1 click application is working again but not the one in the Live folder
    Definition of a Beginner

Definition of an Expert
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:00 AM
  • ps i realise this is probably not the right place to ask this question but it was the closest i could find. if one of the mods knows of a better one please move it
    Definition of a Beginner

Definition of an Expert
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:20 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Thank you for your post.

Based on the log, it seems that your issue could be related to security.

Could you please try the workarounds (Steve T's and John Cheng's replies) mentioned in the following thread to have a check?
    Please see: http://forums.asp.net/t/1379053.aspx?PageIndex=3

BTW, this forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. Since your issue is related to CLR, you could post your thread on Common Language Runtime forum. You will get more useful help there. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:19 AM
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:46 AM
  • following your suggestion i've moved it to the clr forum.
    Definition of a Beginner

Definition of an Expert
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:40 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply.

Hope your issue will be solved ASAP.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:18 AM