Is CSS Control Adapters compatible with WebPart and WebPartZone controls? RRS feed

• Question

• User607120471 posted

Both WebPart and WebPartZone ultimately derive from WebControl, so it seems like this would work, but before I got into it deeply, was curious if anyone had tried it and if there are any issues?

Friday, February 29, 2008 12:52 PM

Answers

• User2020834294 posted

I don't think there is an esay way to make it works.

This was a reply from Scott Guthrie:

Unfortunately I don't think there is a super easy way to override WebParts -- since some of the layout does assume tables (since the CSS to-do this positioning with divs isn't super easy).  We are going to look at whether it is possible to build another control adapter for webparts in the future that uses <divs> -- but right now it probably isn't very easy.

Sorry!

Scott

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, February 29, 2008 1:47 PM

All replies

• User2020834294 posted

I don't think there is an esay way to make it works.

This was a reply from Scott Guthrie:

Unfortunately I don't think there is a super easy way to override WebParts -- since some of the layout does assume tables (since the CSS to-do this positioning with divs isn't super easy).  We are going to look at whether it is possible to build another control adapter for webparts in the future that uses <divs> -- but right now it probably isn't very easy.

Sorry!

Scott

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, February 29, 2008 1:47 PM
  • User607120471 posted

Thanks for pointing me to this info. Too bad it wont work for now.

-David

Friday, February 29, 2008 2:27 PM