none
Generating EDIFACT from XML RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi guys, i'm going nuts with Biztalk. I'm generating EDI (RECADV) from XML.

I map the fields, and I always get at the send port with EDI send pipeline:

Error: 1 (Segment level error)

SegmentID: LIN

Position in TS: 3

15: Use of segment, data-type or segment not supported in this position

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I tried removing field, tried setting value instead of maping for testing only, remove all LIN fields, but still same error!!

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Victor

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 3:59 AM

Answers

•  

Dear Richard/Leonid:

I solved the problem, for some reason (mostly stupidity) I changed the document validation setting on the EDI send pipeline and I got that error without indicating further more.

Activating that option, triggered a much more detailed event viewer and I got it working perfectly!.

Thank you!

Victor

Friday, August 17, 2007 12:46 PM

All replies

• what's the output of the map look like and have you configured anything specific within the partiy's EDI settings?

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:39 AM
  • Thanks for the answer Richard. First of all , no output nothing gets out of the map as I get that processing error.

About the EDI settings: the usual, AS2-From and To. All the UNA an UNB settings

Anything special I should look up to?

Thursday, August 16, 2007 2:32 AM
  • I'm guessing that the map converts from some internal format to the EDI schema. Have you tried capturing the i/p for the map and then testing the map (stand-alone) within Visual Studio.  It may be that the i/p file is missing some values causing the map to fail. If the map produces the xml version of the EDI schema, then check to see what the LIN segment looks like. If you're unfamiliar with the EDI structures just post the file or if it's too big, a portion of the file.  

Thursday, August 16, 2007 6:28 AM
  • As I understand:

you use map (xml -->Xml) on the port

then use EDI pipeline to Xml --> EDI.

Right?

Where do you get the error?

Can you test only one part of this chain?

Regards,

Leonid Ganeline

Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:40 PM
  •  

Dear Richard/Leonid:

I solved the problem, for some reason (mostly stupidity) I changed the document validation setting on the EDI send pipeline and I got that error without indicating further more.

Activating that option, triggered a much more detailed event viewer and I got it working perfectly!.

Thank you!

Victor

Friday, August 17, 2007 12:46 PM