none
error, "Could not load file or assembly" while trying to open Report Wizard using ReportViewer 10.0.0.0 VS2010 .Net3.5 RRS feed

• Question

• I get an error, "Could not load file or assembly 'ClassLibrary1, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specified", when I try to add a new report using the Report Wizard.  If I try to add a blank report and then go to New->Dataset in the 'Report Data' toolbar, I do not get an error message, but none of my App_Code datasources are available in the list.  I am prompted to create a new data connection.

I have created a very basic website in order to reproduce this problem.  Please let me know what I am missing.

----App_Code classes---
    using System.Collections.Generic;

public class Class1{
        public int property1 { get; set; }
    }
    public class Class1List{
        public IEnumerable<Class1> GetClass1List(){
            return new List<Class1>();
        }
    }
    ---End Code---

This class works as expected.  I am given a dataset under the datasource 'global' which will return a list of 'Class1's.

If I attempt to move 'Class1' into another project, 'ClassLibrary1' and reference that class through the same app code class 'Class1List', I get the error quoted above.

I have a reference to the ClassLibrary1 Namespace in my WebSite and it builds without any errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    • Moved by Chao Kuo Friday, July 16, 2010 7:03 AM better fit (From:Visual C# General)
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 8:04 PM

All replies