Deployment user rights and permission RRS feed

• Question

• User1382762722 posted

Hello,

I am trying to deploy one of the web applications on IIS 7.0.

Web application internally calls one commandline utility as well to perform some package extraction which is uploaded on server.

I had used settings parallel to impersonation of IIS 6.0 (meaning:  in the App_Pool, I marked identiry true and provided the credentials of administrator on the machine, which have to set in the Advance settings of the App_Pool)while deploying the same) . It has been working fine.

Because of the security policy at the client side, we can deploy it using administrator impersonation. In stead, they have created one local user on the machine and have added it to the IIS_IUSRS group and provided full rights to the physical directory in the wwwroot folder. This is causing the following error.

The current identity (****) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319 \Temporary ASP.NET Files'

I have tried providing access to the user full rights to the folder 'Temporary ASP.NET Files' but it does not seem to be working :(

Could anyone please let me know how to deploy and make above mentioned application work in the such a scenario ?

Monday, April 1, 2013 4:41 AM

All replies

• User13850534 posted

You can try to give permissions on "temp" folder. I got similar error before and granted user rights on this folder then it worked!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:32 AM
  • User1382762722 posted

Thank you very much Topspy.

I have tried that as well but no success yet :(

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:16 AM