Deep Links RRS feed

• Question

• Does EW support deep links?

I can't find anything about it. Is there another term for it?

John Wuertz

Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:09 AM

All replies

• Please explain what you mean by deep links. What I know of as "deep linking" is a copyright violation where you by-pass a site's branding and pull information from their site so that it appears to be content from the site that is linking to it.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:12 AM
  • I asked a website if I could copy some of their text and they said I could deep link to it.

John Wuertz

Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:15 AM
  • Then that sounds like what Cheryl was describing, and the more commonly used term, around here, anyway, is framing content, since either frameset doctypes or iframes are usually used to accomplish that end. And, yes, EW can do that, or anything else possible using standard Web technologies. If, that is, you know HTML and CSS, which is required in order to use EW productively.

Oh, BTW, I would be real careful to get express written permission to frame that content. Like Cheryl said, that kind of thing can get you into deep do-do. Just sayin'...  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by paladyn Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:58 AM
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:50 AM
  • I suggest that you ask them to define what they mean by "deep linking" since it could be either a frameset as Scott mentioned or simply a link directly to the content on their site from a short summary on yours.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:52 AM
  • I have a lot of deeplinks to my site: Flytning And it works fine.

• Edited by Zoozapper Saturday, February 11, 2012 5:16 PM
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 5:15 PM
  • Well deep links is a dangerous game but can be good for your site as well, if done the right way!

you can for an example do it this way http://www.flyttefirmaet.dk/opbevaring or you can just do it like this: Opbevaring works the same way!
    Friday, April 13, 2012 11:48 AM
  • Ahh, I love the smell of spam in the morning.

NOT

Ignore this troll.

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, April 13, 2012 2:14 PM