none
ADFv2 Are there plans to add AWS PostgreSQL connection

Question

• My ADF project requires a daily incremental load from AWS PostgreSQL but since there's no connection to AWS PostgreSQL databases (only S3 and Redshift) I have to use a self-hosted integration runtime on a local server to connect to AWS.  So my connection is going Azure to On-Prem to AWS.  This isn't ideal.  Is there any plans to add a connection directly to AWS PostgreSQL so I don't have to use a self-hosted IR and can use Azure IR instead?
    • Edited by FrankMn Tuesday, June 26, 2018 4:14 PM grammar
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Frank,

Thanks for bringing up the issue. We definitely encourage you to post these types of feedback here. This would take your feedback directly to the product team.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 8:17 PM
  • Thanks for providing the link, I submitted the feedback.  
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9:12 PM
  • If you're familiar with SSIS, you could install AWS PostgreSQL ODBC driver on Azure-SSIS IR and use standard ODBC connectors in your SSIS packages to connect to AWS PostgreSQL.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:28 AM
  • If you're familiar with SSIS, you could install AWS PostgreSQL ODBC driver on Azure-SSIS IR and use standard ODBC connectors in your SSIS packages to connect to AWS PostgreSQL.
    Thanks for the response.  I am hoping the actual answer is to get a connection available in ADFv2 and not have to do another work around.  It might be a better work around than what I have now, but adds another technology to the pipeline that needs to be managed.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2018 3:50 AM