none
How to display word document in browser window? RRS feed

• Question

• We need to display a word document inside the browser as part of our SharePoint application. But when we tried to achieve this, it is always showing a popup with options like Open, Save and Save As. We don't want this popup and directly want to show the document in browser window itself (not in corresponding applications like MS Word ).

We have a SharePoint application and document (Word) will be Stored at document library on SharePoint Server we want to display it in browser window on Client machine. We are able to achieve this for PDF file but for Word (.doc or .docx) files, same code is showing a popup with options Open, Save, Save As.

• Moved by Chenchen Li Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:52 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi SharePoint.Rishi,

Word online can be embedded in web browser using iframe. you can refer this video in youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhV1UaFLIgQ

Best Regards,

Monday, January 9, 2017 9:07 AM
  • Hi Kim,

We don't have office web app with us and i didn't get the embed option at all as shown in the video.

We have to do this on SharePoint on-premises. Please look into it again if I still can do somthing about it.

Thanks,

SharePoint

Monday, January 9, 2017 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

Since you want to do this on SharePoint, I would move this thread into the following forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=sharepointdevelopment

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day! 

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:51 AM