How guaranteed get process handle by process id in windows OS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! How i can guaranteed get process handle by process id in windows OS. If exist methods block for my applications opportunity to get process handle by PID. For my application getting Process handle by PID is critical. If yes what this methods and how i can avoid this methods. Thanks!
    • Moved by Jesse Jiang Monday, March 21, 2011 6:10 AM (From:Visual C++ General)
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:29 AM

All replies

•  

Hi lebron2323,

I think your issue should be raised in the Security for Applications in Microsoft Windows forum. I believe they will know more information of this issue than us, and I will move this one to that forum.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 21, 2011 6:09 AM
  • There isn't much you can do when you get ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED from OpenProcess. If you find a way to around security, you found a bug, not a feature.

Just ask the user to run you app under a more powerful user account.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, March 26, 2011 1:00 AM