none
IoGetRemainingStackSize equivalent in WEC7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Community!!

I have been working to port a Win7 Driver to WEC7. At a point, IoGetRemainingStackSize has been called. Though this function is available for Windows platforms, it is not available for Windows  Embedded Compact platforms. The documentation for it says "IoGetRemainingStackSize routine returns the current amount of available kernel-mode stack space."
    Can somebody suggest if there is a way in WEC 7 to get the "current amount of available kernel-mode stack space"??

Thanks!

Monday, February 24, 2014 2:32 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your suggestion Paul!
    Yes, it was being used for an Operational Decision in the driver but currently that functionality was not needed so we could safely comment that code out ;)
    • Marked as answer by deepak_ Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:54 PM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:54 PM

All replies

• We could probably come up with a solution but I'm not sure it's worth the time. Is the return value of this function used for operational decisions in the driver? If so, what sort? The only thing I can imagine is the allocation of buffers of some sort, using stack if possible and heap if necessary. If so, use heap all the time in CE.

Paul T.

Monday, February 24, 2014 3:46 PM
  • Thanks for your suggestion Paul!
    Yes, it was being used for an Operational Decision in the driver but currently that functionality was not needed so we could safely comment that code out ;)
    • Marked as answer by deepak_ Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:54 PM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:54 PM