none
How to link bars in MS Project 2010 to the timescale on the top ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone !!!

I need your help. 

I want to link bars to the timescale ? is there any automatic way to link them ?

for example: 

Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm not sure to understand. The bars represent tasks which hsa a start and finish date. Thus they are by definition linked to the timescale. Can you please be more explicit, maybe with an example or a screenshot? Also please specifiy your MS Project version.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:13 PM
  • I would have put screenshot, but the problem is this site doen't allow me to put an image or screenshot, because verification. but i already verified my account from my email.

Its very strange !!!

Please admins allow me to put an image !!!

Thanks

Best Regards,

Abylay

Friday, November 14, 2014 4:34 AM
  • altQQer,

I'm not sure how long it takes to get "verified" but meanwhile maybe you could give us a little better explanation of what you want.

It's important to use the correct terminology so that we can understand. When you talk about bars on the timescale I assume you mean Gantt Bars on the Gantt Chart view. When you say, "automatically link", what exactly do you mean? There is no built-in way to have Project automatically link new tasks because it [Project] has no way of knowing how they should be linked, that's your job. However, once you have tasks linked and you need to move them, Project does have an option to maintain the existing link (see File/Options/Schedule group/Scheduling options for this project).

However, it you are referring to the Timeline, which is an overall one-line representation of the project that can be displayed or hidden at the top of the view, then no, there is no provision for showing links to the Timeline.

John

Friday, November 14, 2014 6:36 PM
  • Hello again !!!

I try to put screenshot now, if there is no screenshot then you cannot see what i want.

If there is, then you can see what i want.

Please help as soon as possible !

Screenshot is below, if not its still verification problem.

this is the link where you can find my screenshot - http://i004.radikal.ru/1411/21/1c5a3af05ef0.jpg

Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:09 AM
  • Hi,

You can add a drawing from the format ribbon and attach it to the task by the task ID, set it attached to the right side with 0cm. Then do the same for the left side:

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:59 AM
  • Hi, I've looked at the image on the web.  Do you mean you want the start and finish dates shown on the bars on the Gantt Chart as per the image below.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:29 PM