Access to TFS projects for external users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using TFS 2017 in our company.

We want to give external users (from our clients organization) ability to access Project in TFS.

The question here is, is it possible to give access to some account that is not in ours AD ?

And if it is, can you tell me what should I do to manage that ?

BR,

Sanja

Monday, December 25, 2017 3:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Sanja,

Is your AD local or AAD?

If you are using TFS on permisses and AD inside doors, you can create an external user in Computer Management > Local Users

After this, access to TFS to the collection you need to give access, go to settings (engine icon) > security and you can create a new group (i.e., External, ...) and include the users you have created.

After this you will have a new group to give access whatever you want inside tfs managed by this group.

Hope this could help

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Sanja,

Is your AD local or AAD?

If you are using TFS on permisses and AD inside doors, you can create an external user in Computer Management > Local Users

After this, access to TFS to the collection you need to give access, go to settings (engine icon) > security and you can create a new group (i.e., External, ...) and include the users you have created.

After this you will have a new group to give access whatever you want inside tfs managed by this group.

Hope this could help

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 5:59 PM
  • Tnx a lot!

That is what I was looking for.

BR,

Sanja

Saturday, January 6, 2018 2:10 PM