Namespace of the dll invisible when using LinqToEntitiesDomainService RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a project with a dll and a WPF application referencing the dll. Everything works fine.

Now I want to access a database from my dll. When I create the domain service in my dll the WPF application throw an error at compilation saying it can't find the namespace used by my dll. If in my DomainService class I remove the dependancy to LinqToEntitiesDomainService then I can compile again.

I'm new to Entity Framework so there's great chances that I missed something but I really don't understand where my problem come from.

Please help me.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:25 AM

Answers

• OK, I've found the origin of my problem.

The WPF application has been created using the client profile of .Net 4, switching to standard .Net 4 framework fix the problem.

Thanks to everyone.

• Marked as answer by Sovitec Thursday, March 3, 2011 12:32 PM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Sovitec,

Welcome to EF forum.

Are you using RIA service? If yes, I think you should repost your question here: http://forums.silverlight.net/forums/53.aspx

Thanks for understanding.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:41 AM
  • I don't know what RIA Service cover exactly, but my application is a standard WPF application, not a silverlight one.

Thanks for taking time to answer me.

Thursday, March 3, 2011 9:18 AM
  • OK, I've found the origin of my problem.

The WPF application has been created using the client profile of .Net 4, switching to standard .Net 4 framework fix the problem.

Thanks to everyone.

• Marked as answer by Sovitec Thursday, March 3, 2011 12:32 PM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 12:31 PM