none
Linearized PDF files stored as CloudBlob

Question

• We are running a document management service on Windows Azure using blob storage for storing various file types including pdf files.  We have several customers with very large pdf files that took advantage of linearized pdf options (also referred to as fast web view or byteserving).  Any reason why the files have to download completely now before displaying the first page?  I scoured the web and could not find any information on this.  Any ideas for a workaround? Having customers have to wait for 3 minutes to see the first page of a larger pdf file is not going to work for long.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• It may not answer your problem but I recommend you look at this post by the Windows Azure Storage Team describing recent changes in the handling of ranges.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:29 AM
    Answerer
  • Can you get a network trace for an example that works and one that does not? If you can also point me to a pdf location that works, I can test it.

As Neil suggetsed above, let us know if setting the default version to 2011-08-18 on the service does not work for this. I suspect that etag not being quoted may be the issue here - but until I see the trace, I cannot be certain.

Thanks,

jai

Sunday, October 2, 2011 3:31 PM
  • Hi,

I will mark the reply as an answer. If you find it no help, please feel free to unmark it and follow up.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:43 AM