database mirrioning RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

how to transactions move in database mirroring  from principle server to mirrior server ....?

i want to know internal  architecture....

Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Mirroring uses Service Broker under the covers in order to manage communication during the data transfer process via dedicated TCP endpoints and continuously sends log records to the mirror. Although it is not well documented.

Sean Massey | Consultant, iUNITE

Feel free to contact me through My Blog, Twitter or Hire Me.
    Please click the Mark as Answer or Vote As Helpful button if a post solves your problem or is helpful!

• Proposed as answer by sriramachandra Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fanny Liu Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:00 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Mirroring uses Service Broker under the covers in order to manage communication during the data transfer process via dedicated TCP endpoints and continuously sends log records to the mirror. Although it is not well documented.

Sean Massey | Consultant, iUNITE

Feel free to contact me through My Blog, Twitter or Hire Me.
    Please click the Mark as Answer or Vote As Helpful button if a post solves your problem or is helpful!

• Proposed as answer by sriramachandra Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fanny Liu Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:00 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:08 AM
  • There are two transaction movement modes.

1)Synchronous -Transactions moved to the mirror server and once it commmitted @mirror server then only it committted @principal server.

2)Asysnchronous-Transactions moved to the mirror server and not waiting for mirror server to commit.(Not expecting transaction commit Acknowledgement  @mirror server)

Regards http:\\sqldbatask.blogspot.com MCTS Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:52 PM