none
How to debug event receivers in Project server 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am trying to debug event receivers in Project Server 2013 but not able to hit my code. Below is what I am trying to do.

• Created a class which inherits methods from the dllss 'Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Events.Receivers' and  'Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Events.Library'
    • overriden a method called 'OnUpdatedPWAProject',

public override voide onUpdatedPWAProject()

{

(some code)

}

• I have taken the public key token, and registered the dll in the central admin under 'UpdatedPWAProject' event
    • Now I came back to the Visual Studio and added the process by using 'Attach to Process'

Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Eventing and Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Queueing

Now When I tried to debug the code using VS 2012, I am not able to hit the code. Where am I going wrong here?

• Edited by Shanila m Friday, June 20, 2014 11:17 AM
    Friday, June 20, 2014 10:16 AM

Answers

• Hi

Could you try the below steps :

1. Re-start the event Service from Services Console after registering the event from central admin
    2. Open the source in visual studio and attach it to “Project Server Eventing service”
    3. On the Tools menu, click Options. Expand the Debugging node in the options list and click Symbols. Click the folder icon and paste the project debug build(location with the PDB file name) in the new symbol file location. Check Load symbols using the updated settings when this dialog is closed to load the symbol file, and then click OK.
    4. In the Code window add a breakpoint during the beginning of the code (note: If the breakpoint shows only a red outline with a yellow warning symbol, the pdb symbol file is not loaded.)
    5. Trigger the event from pwa and see if the break point is hit

--Hope this helps

Thanks --Ajith

Friday, June 20, 2014 3:20 PM

All replies

• Hi

Could you try the below steps :

1. Re-start the event Service from Services Console after registering the event from central admin
    2. Open the source in visual studio and attach it to “Project Server Eventing service”
    3. On the Tools menu, click Options. Expand the Debugging node in the options list and click Symbols. Click the folder icon and paste the project debug build(location with the PDB file name) in the new symbol file location. Check Load symbols using the updated settings when this dialog is closed to load the symbol file, and then click OK.
    4. In the Code window add a breakpoint during the beginning of the code (note: If the breakpoint shows only a red outline with a yellow warning symbol, the pdb symbol file is not loaded.)
    5. Trigger the event from pwa and see if the break point is hit

--Hope this helps

Thanks --Ajith

Friday, June 20, 2014 3:20 PM
  • I did all the steps as given above but still I am not able to debug the solution. Any ideas what could the issue?

Regards

Agasthya

agasthya

Thursday, April 26, 2018 11:08 AM