none
Dutch vista, english framework. RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to install an english version of the .net framework on a dutch version of Vista?

When developing on a dutch vista machine, we get dutch error messages, but instead we really want the english messages.

We use Vista Business (and we CANNOT upgrade to the enterprise edition).

Friday, November 14, 2008 12:32 PM

Answers

•  The default language is English, you just need to uninstall Dutch language patch on Vista (at Programs and Features to uninstall the language patch).

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vssetup/thread/60424309-bd78-4ca2-b618-03c4a16123b6
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:33 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2008 5:52 AM
  • I don't know for sure if this would work on Vista. (don't like it, don't wanna waste my time)

Software Update Services provides the ability to filter Windows operating system (OS) updates by the locale property selected for the OS installation. Updates synchronized from Windows Update to the SUS server will be for only those locales specified. For Windows, only corresponding localized versions can run on the specified locale. For example, only Japanese-localized versions of the OS can run on Japanese locales.

For .NET Framework and Windows SharePoint Services, each localized version can run on any OS locale. For example, a German-localized version of .NET Framework can run on an English OS.

Software Update Services filters updates based on the OS locale but does not support the ability to filter updates for the locales of other OS components, such as .NET Framework and Windows SharePoint Services. Because any localized updates for these components (.Net Framework and Windows SharePoint Services) can run on any component locale, all language versions of the updates are synchronized for these components.

origin: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466196.aspx

Information is the most valuable commodity I know off.
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:34 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2008 11:52 PM

All replies

•  The default language is English, you just need to uninstall Dutch language patch on Vista (at Programs and Features to uninstall the language patch).

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vssetup/thread/60424309-bd78-4ca2-b618-03c4a16123b6
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:33 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2008 5:52 AM
  • I don't know for sure if this would work on Vista. (don't like it, don't wanna waste my time)

Software Update Services provides the ability to filter Windows operating system (OS) updates by the locale property selected for the OS installation. Updates synchronized from Windows Update to the SUS server will be for only those locales specified. For Windows, only corresponding localized versions can run on the specified locale. For example, only Japanese-localized versions of the OS can run on Japanese locales.

For .NET Framework and Windows SharePoint Services, each localized version can run on any OS locale. For example, a German-localized version of .NET Framework can run on an English OS.

Software Update Services filters updates based on the OS locale but does not support the ability to filter updates for the locales of other OS components, such as .NET Framework and Windows SharePoint Services. Because any localized updates for these components (.Net Framework and Windows SharePoint Services) can run on any component locale, all language versions of the updates are synchronized for these components.

origin: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466196.aspx

Information is the most valuable commodity I know off.
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:34 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2008 11:52 PM